RE: [JDEV] Suggestions

> From: owner-jdev@jabber.org [mailto:owner-jdev@jabber.org]On Behalf Of
> Jeremie
> Subject: Re: [JDEV] Suggestions
> > To begin, let's start with a technique known as "commenting". :)
> I'm the one to burn at the stake for this one, *grin*.
> The dearth of comments is a problem, even for myself maintaining the code.
> For some time now I've been planning on going through and commenting
> everything, it just keeps getting put off and nobody has complained yet.
> But, now that someone is asking I'll make this a priority and check-in a
> ton of comments this week.

	Ok, I'm not really going to add it as another 'complaint', but you should
at least have an README.xpt that secribes how it works, described jpairs,
and all of the functions..  I figured them out, but it'd be nice to see
changes in the docs as the functions change, so I can change what I need to
on the other end..

> > Well I must go now, but I'd like to hear your feedback before I
> > continue. Maybe I'm wrong (it's happened before!), but I'd love to see
> > Jabber take off. I believe it's the Right Concept. All we gotta do now
> > is execute properly. :)
> Yes, perfect!  If you think you have some time to seriously help out on
> these parts, we can work on getting you commit access and familiarized
> with the rest of the group :)

	I agree.  I'm seeing so many ways Jabber could be used, as I said earlier,
for things NOTHING to do with person to person IM.  It's almost like
programs being able to send email to eachother to communicate, but without
the overhead.

	I also must say I'm sorry for not having finished of the demo Perl code, or
done as much work on the Win32 client as I would have liked as of recent.
We WILL have a basic working client for the release by the first, I promise
that, but I'm afraid all of the bells and wistles may not be tested much/or
work.  I should also have the Mobilecomm pager transport working, which will
also be extensible by specifying a provider.  All you'd need to do is supply
a 'template' URL to call up with the information.  Here's an example:

http://epage.arch.com/cgi-bin/epage.cgi?response_page=http%3A%2F%2Fepage.arc
h.com%2Fresponse.html&mailto=@PAGERNUMBER@&from=&replyto=&subject=&message=@
MESSAGE@

	In this example, @PAGERNUMBER@ will get replaced wih the pagerID, (aka,
message sent to 167289@pagerperl will replace it with 167289), and @MESSAGE@
will contain the message, escaped as needed to be pushed thru via HTTP GET.
Another example:

http://www.mobilecomm.com/cgi-bin/wwwpage.exe?PIN=@PAGERNUMBER&MSSG=@MESSAGE
@&Q1=2

	This one does thesame as above, but for mobilecomm pagers.  Same thing,
get's via HTTP GET, sends the message..

--
Thomas Charron
United Parcel Service